A 100% online intensive program for international choreographers and dancers to learn more about the French choreographic professional sector, to get a new energy, and to discover tools bringing your project to the next level of its development.
Business & Creative Lab for choreographers
- From July 6th to July 10th 2020
La Fabrique de la Danse is a Parisian start-up created in 2015, contributing to the development of a sustainable future for choreographic professionals. La Fabrique de la Danse designs educational programs to support dance professionals in the evolution of their profession, develops innovative digital dance tools, and prepares the opening of a 2,500 square meter building in Paris. Members of La Fabrique de la Danse are individuals coming from varied and atypical professional backgrounds who are all experts and devoted to this artistic field.
Among its educational programs, La Fabrique de la Danse has created the first French ‘Incubateur de chorégraphes’ (French for ‘Choreographer’s Incubator’) to facilitate the access to skills, tools and networks essential to the development of a dance company. The program has gathered nearly 50 choreographers over the years and over all its different programs and activities La Fabrique de la Danse has trained nearly 600 dance professionals – choreographers, artists and workers of the sector. Since April 1st, 100% of the training activities have been transformed into online sessions, enabling 150 professionals to continue developing their activities despite this major crisis.
For the third consecutive year, La Fabrique de la Danse has decided to dedicate a one-week intensive program inspired by its ‘Incubateur de chorégraphes’ for international choreographers. DUE TO THE PANDEMIC SITUATION THE 2020 EDITION WILL BE HELD 100% ONLINE. The program is adapted to meet the requirements of an online class.
About the content of the intensive
La Fabrique de la Danse offers a 5-day online intensive program allowing choreographers and dancers to acquire skills in managing their artistic project, specifically in relation to the French choreography sector habits. Through 7 different workshops, trainees develop a global approach to overcome challenges surrounding the business aspect of their artistic project, and more. By the end of this intensive program, participants leave with a solid understanding of the French choreographic landscape and a new energy to bring their project to the next level of its development. They will also acquire the use of smart tools which will accompany them in their daily professional life and will help them to gain some time.
If you feel the need to deepen your knowledge on a specific subject it is possible to register for one (or more) of the workshops of this intensive week.
Schedule of the week
- Discover and understand the French Choreographic landscape: who, what & how?* / Monday July 6
- Clarify the steps and build the tool to better manage your artistic project* / Tuesday July 7
- Create the appropriate communication tools for my choreographic project: the pitch & the artistic portfolio* / Wednesday July 8
- Meeting with L’ONDA, a public structure that promotes contemporary artistic dissemination / Thursday July 9
- Stimulate creativity through the senses and movement* / Thursday July 9
- Discover the bases of a French budget* / Friday July 10
- Inspirational talk with Christine Bastin, a French renowned choreographer* / Friday July 10
* Workshops marked with a star can be followed independently of the rest of the program.
- 280€ tax incl. for the whole week (7 workshops / 16 hours of workshops)
- 60€ tax incl. for each workshop
- 40€ tax incl. for the inspirational talk with Christine Bastin
- 10% discount if purchased before June 15th
To buy the modules ‘à la carte’, click on the modules you are interested in and add them to your basket. Once the selection is made, click on the basket and pay for your purchase.
Photo: Emmanuelle Staüble – Artist: Olga Merekina